photo by Karen FedowitzWe have had an amazing preseason and I cannot wait to get our full team in the room. We will start off a little different from what we are used to…#1 not all sports will be finished by the day of the first wrestling practice and do not panic we have a plan in place for these folks but I strongly suggest everyone attending practice immediately after their last competition to stay on pace with the team (even if you cannot fully participate).
Our practices to begin will be at Cameron Elementary school and run from 4-6:30 each day and transportation will be provided to and from the school, however if you would like to pick your son up from Cameron elementary that is encouraged (bus should arrive back to Union Pines close to 7PM). This will be a little rough to start and please communicate to Coach Bartram, Coach Weliver, or myself (cell: 440-865-1608) if there are problems.
The final day for practices at Cameron Elementary should be Nov. 5th and we will have a MANDATORY parent meeting Nov. 6th at Union Pines in the cafeteria at 6:30 in which wrestlers are also invited to attend about eligibility, paperwork, rules, etc. These forms to fill out as well as a goal packet will be given to your son on Friday and they will be instructed to sit down with you this weekend and complete them to turn in Monday so we do not have to worry about this stuff when the season starts. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Attached is our tentative varsity schedule and we will have JV events that I will announce throughout the season. I also have a detailed November and December wrestling schedule attached for each day…BOTH ATTACHMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! Wrestlers can stay up to date on everything by attending every practice. Also attached is a pic collage courtesy of Karen Fedowitz from our poster picture, the poster will be out sometime next week (hopefully) and your help is appreciated getting these posters out in our community.
GEAR FOR SALE: We have a TON of GEAR! and it is all for sale: NEW THIS YEAR….black t-shirts, black sweatshirts, and black shorts (just got in this week!)
All Cotton t-shirts- $10
Drifit blue t-shirt- $15
Black shorts - $20
Black sweatshirts- $20
Polos- $15 (this is the only item that is mandatory for purchase so everyone looks uniform and presentable on match days)
The Union Pines High School Wrestling Team announces partnering opportunities to support their 2014-‐2015 wrestling tournaments.
Partnership proposals may be extended to the team (become a team partner in addition to or in lieu of becoming a tournament partner) upon the expressed wishes of the partner. We invite potential team partners to contact Coach Vondruska to discuss details. Tournament partners provide banners and signage at their cost. Union Pines High School Wrestling will acknowledge all partners on all tournament clothing sold, programs and on the tournament web page. Additionally, the partner may provide any giveaways (brochures, etc.) or set up a display table.
Specific needs include costs of officials, awards, facility, advertisement, athletic trainers, and expenses for out of state teams. Specific costs are listed below for our 22 November 2014 event and are generally replicated for each of the other events.
Up to six tables are available for sponsorship at each event. Partners may sponsor a table for $75 and will receive recognition on all programs, table signage, and the tournament web page. Additionally, the partner may provide any giveaways (brochures, etc.) or set up a display table.
Submit proposal in writing via email, fax, or in writing through the contact information provided below and include return email address, mailing address, and contact phone number. Feel free to contact us via phone for more information. Multi-year proposals may be considered.
2014 Union Pines Invitational
- 22 November 2014, 112 participants, 200-‐400 spectators. All partners receive recognition as indicated in paragraph 2 above.
- First -‐ third place medals (42 total @ $2.50 each) $105. Junior Varsity medals ( 50 total @ $2.00 each) $100.Your company information on back of medal or on lanyard, tournament logo on front of medal.
- First place team trophy $41. Your company logo integrated with the tournament logo.
- Second place team trophy $33. Your company logo integrated with the tournament logo.
- 106-‐152 pound Most Outstanding Wrestler plaque $25. Your company logo integrated with the tournament logo.
- 160-‐285 pound Most Outstanding Wrestler plaque $25. Your company logo integrated with the tournament logo.
- Hospitality Room, donations in $25 increments or food donations for breakfast and lunch.
- Medical personnel, $100-‐300.
- Tournament execution, director, software, supplies, $125.
- Officiating, $90 per official @ 9 officials, $810. Partnership accepted in $90 increments.
2014-15 Home Duals
- 20 November 2014 Vikings host Pinecrest, (Youth Night)
- 27 November 2014 Vikings host Westover
- (Alumni Night)
- 10 December 2014 Vikings host Lee Senior (Youth Night)
- 28 January 2015 Vikings host Douglas Byrd (Senior Night)
2014-15 Conference Wrestling Tournament
Contact UsUnion Pines High School Wrestling1981 Union Church Road, Cameron, NC 28326
- Written by Coach Vondruska
- Last Updated: 23 September 2014
- Created: 23 September 2014
- Hits: 112
Congratulations to all that competed this weekend! If you have not already please follow us on facebook and twitter for updates… for those of you that already do you probably know about the clinic THIS WEDNESDAY in our wrestling room from 4:30-6:30. This clinic is highly recommended for any middle school/ high schooler not playing a fall sport and like the clinics we have done in the past is only $5!! The clinic will host head wrestling coach from UNCP OT Johnson and his assistant coach Chris Notte. I am very excited to see these guys.
How do you register?
#1 go online and fill out the form (easy)
#2 Give Coach Vondruska $5 or a check for $5 written out to Othello Johnson
#3 show up Wednesday to wrestle.
Close your eyes and listen to this video. It is not about MMA it is about the potential inside of you that wrestling will help you release.